Motorcycle Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Motorcycle Insurance Information
If you own a motorcycle, you probably want nothing more than to take it out for a spin. However, before getting your bike out on the roads, it’s essential to take precautions. Incidents such as damage, injury and theft can occur to your vehicle at any time, so it’s important to get protected against such occurrences. A motorcycle insurance policy can help protect you against paying significant out-of-pocket costs following an accident.
If you live in or around Elgin, IL, Epic One Insurance Group is here to help you navigate your motorcycle insurance needs. Give us a call today to learn more or to get started.
Common Motorcycle Insurance Questions:
Why do you need insurance for your motorcycle?
You'll enjoy being out on the open road even more when you're not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
What does motorcycle insurance cover?
- If you're in an accident or your motorcycle is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or a passenger is injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your motorcycle is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Your motorcycle may be one of your most prized possessions. It deserves special protection.
Every motorcycle insurance policy varies, and you may have the option to add on coverages, depending on your situation. However, some common insurance options to choose from may include:
Comprehensive coverage: This coverage helps provide compensation if the motorcycle is damaged or lost due to fire, theft, vandalism, hail or wind.
Collision coverage: This coverage helps provide compensation if the motorcycle is damaged or lost due to a collision with another vehicle or object.
Liability insurance: This helps cover bodily injury and property damage the insured biker may cause while operating the vehicle.
Personal Injury Protection (PIP): This insurance helps with medical expenses for the driver and their passengers in case of an accident, no matter who is atfault.
Guest passenger liability insurance: This coverage helps if a guest driver causes an accident while operating the motorcycle with the owner’s permission.
Other benefits that you can also use to your advantage include:
Is motorcycle insurance expensive?
Numerous factors can influence the cost of your motorcycle policy, including:
The value of your bike
Your driving accident history
Your history of claims on other motorcycle policies
Where you live
How far you drive each year
It is possible for two bikers to have identical policies but still pay different prices. Our team will walk you through your coverage options and premium quotes.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can I afford to pay if my motorcycle is in an accident, damaged or stolen? (Ask your agent what your cost savings would be if you raised your deductible.)
- What discounts and programs are available? (Ask about discounts for taking safety classes or having multiple policies. You may also save money if your motorcycle is stored in a garage or if you belong to a motorcycle association.)
- How much medical and liability coverage should I have?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What's the process for filing and settling a claim?
Tips for the cost-conscious rider
Many factors can play a role in determining what your insurance costs will be such as your age, your driving record, where you live and the type of motorcycle you own, or being a graduate of a rider-training course.
Questions or Concerns?
- Many companies offer discounts from 10 to 15 percent on motorcycle insurance for graduates of training courses, such as the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) rider course. Riders under the age of 25, usually considered a higher risk, may see some savings by taking this course. It's also a good idea for cyclists who have already had accidents.
- Maintaining a good driving record with no violations will also help reduce your premiums.
- In many northern states, riders may save money by buying a "lay-up" policy. With a lay-up policy, all coverage except comprehensive is suspended during winter months.
- Find out what discounts your insurance representative offers. Multibike discounts for those insuring more than one bike, organization discounts, if you're a member of a motorcycle association, and mature rider discounts for experienced riders, are just a few possibilities. Discounts can range anywhere from 10 percent to 20 percent, depending on the company and your state. Availability and qualifications for discounts vary from company to company and state to state.
- Keep in mind that the type, style (such as a sports bike vs. a cruiser) and age of the motorcycle, as well as the number of miles you drive a year and where you store your bike may also affect how much you pay for your premium.
When it comes to your motorcycle, you can never be safe enough. Our agents at Epic One will help guide you through your motorcycle insurance shopping journey.
Call us at 847-305-4837 for a quote today.